"Wide waveguide horn" produces an ideal spherical wave that delivers consistent acoustical energy and flat frequency response.
Advanced two-way design employs high-quality components for smooth, flat response. Emphasis on natural reproduction has resulted in luxurious lows and an extended high-frequency range. Input capacity of up to 250 watts provides plenty of playback power for medium-sized or large retail establishments, CD shops, or rehearsal/karaoke studios.
Both woofer and tweeter are high input capacity units designed for extended reliability. A protection circuit is also provided.
Magnetic shielding allows placement near monitor displays.
The S55 can be positioned vertically or horizontally. A variety of installation brackets are available as options.
- 6/9/2012 [Events]
- Seminar for Professional Audio Engineers and Enthusiasts - Mumbai
Yamaha is conducting special seminars for Pro Audio in Mumbai
Audio & Video
|Speaker type||2-way full-range speaker|
|Frequency range (-10dB)||60Hz-40kHz|
|Components||LF||6.5" (16cm) cone|
|HF||Wave-guide horn, 1" (25mm)|
|Power rating||NOISE||70W (EIA)|
|SPL||Sensitivity (1W; 1m on axis)||90dB SPL|
|Continuous (Calculated)||108dB SPL|
|Peak (Calculated)||114dB SPL|
|I/O connectors||Push terminal|
|Flying and mounting hardware||4x M5|
|Net weight||6kg; 13.2lbs|
- Commercial Installation Solutions Speaker Calculator (CISSCA) V2.0
- S55 Owner's Manual [English / 72KB]
- CAD Data (S55) [English / 77KB]
- General Speaker Data / CLF Data for S5/S15/S55 Speakers (V1.0) [English / 282KB]
- General Speaker Data / EASE 4.1 Data for S5/S15/S55 Speakers (V1.0) [English / 113KB]
- Data Sheet (S15, S55) [English / 2.1MB]
- More Downloads
To save a PDF file, click on the target file, and then use the file-saving functionality in your browser or Adobe Reader.