1. Sources and categories of personal data
Yamaha may obtain the following personal data.
- Name, age, date of birth, email address and physical address, phone number, sex, occupation, place of work or study, information regarding social media, user ID and account, membership number, information regarding visits to stores, products purchased
- Information provided via questionnaires or campaigns
- Information necessary for product or service transactions or support (serial number, purchasing history, credit card information, bank account numbers, and the like)
- Information generated from use of products and services (methods of use for products, frequency of use, settings information in devices used, and the like)
- Information generated from inquiries to Yamaha (your phone number and voice recordings obtained upon inquiries, history of requests for repairs and the like, information regarding product or service difficulties, and the like)
- Information generated from transactions with Yamaha (history of participation in concerts, events, auditions, and contests held or co-sponsored by Yamaha (including voice recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances), history of participation in music school classes, courses, and the like operated by Yamaha (including voice recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances), purchasing or use history for products and services handled by Yamaha, history of licenses, use, and the like for artworks (including musical pieces) in which Yamaha owns rights
- Downloading and status of use of software, etc.
- Information generated from the use of software or the internet (information obtained from cookies, etc., information regarding browsers and operating systems of devices you use, location information, service use information, webpages you browse, links you click, emails from Yamaha you open, IP addresses, and the like)
- Types of devices, their O.S. versions, countries of access, number of users, access dates and times
- Information provided by questionnaires or campaigns conducted by outside services with your prior consent, information disclosed by customers
- Information provided by business operators who perform services using information that can distinguish between, but not identify, individual persons (advertising identifiers, etc.)
- Information on social media services affiliated with Yamaha websites, etc. (with your consent)
If Yamaha obtains your personal data, it obtains your personal data in a proper and lawful manner.
2. Purposes of use of personal data
Yamaha uses personal data obtained from customers within the scope of the following purposes.
- Provision, maintenance, protection, and improvement of Yamaha’s products and services, development of new products and services, provision of information on campaigns, new products, and the like, implementation of questionnaires, after-sales service for products, and protection of customers
- Provision of information and content that suit each customer’s preferences
- Contact regarding transactions, etc.
- Provision of products and services handled by Yamaha
- Performance of agreements executed with Yamaha (payment processing, etc.)
- Management of copyrights and neighboring rights for sound sources
- Implementation of service activities and handling of repairs during the warranty period and after-sales care after such implementation of service activities and handling of repairs
- Provision of notices regarding products and services handled by Yamaha and announcements regarding events, etc.
- Provision of announcements regarding products, services, events, and the like of other companies or groups, such as companies affiliated with Yamaha
- Ascertainment of your preferences and wishes in order to provide appropriate information and to develop appropriate products and services
- Provision of information that suits your preferences by integrating information possessed by Yamaha with information obtained from other companies
- Responses to inquiries, requests for brochures, or other requests, etc.
- Exercise of rights or performance of obligations under agreements, laws, and the like
- Screening conducted when applications are submitted for rental instruments, etc.
- Other purposes based on your prior consent
3. Safety management of personal data
Yamaha implements technical, physical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal data and loss, destruction, falsification, divulgence, and the like of personal data and endeavors to protect your personal data through the establishment of a safety management system.
4. Sharing of personal data
Yamaha may entrust to third parties all or part of its operations for processing of your personal data. Yamaha does not approve the use or disclosure of your personal data by the contractor. unless it is necessary for a contractor to conduct such use or provision in order to perform the entrusted operations or to comply with laws and ordinances. Yamaha requires each contractor to protect personal data under an agreement.
Yamaha shares data among group corporations as follows.
Yamaha may share all personal data among the following group corporation:
- Yamaha Corporation
When responding to your inquiries, requests for brochures, or any other requests, etc., Yamaha may transfer to the following group corporations the details of your requests (including personal data) transmitted through a “contact us” page on Yamaha websites to the extent deemed necessary for responding to your requests, and the group corporations may use such details in order to respond to your requests.
Japan: https://www.yamaha.com/en/about/locations/group_companies_japan/ and Yamaha Music Foundation
Outside Japan: https://www.yamaha.com/en/about/locations/group_companies_worldwide/
Yamaha may otherwise share personal data with a third party if permitted by applicable laws and ordinances.
4.1 “third parties” shall mean and include accountants, business partners, affiliates, contractor, group companies, service providers.
4.2 In addition to the above, it is important to highlight that your personal data may be shared with third parties in the following circumstances:
a. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we provide to you and therefore we may provide some of your personal data directly to these internal service providers. These internal service providers are subject to confidentiality obligations with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced website related operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
b. If we reorganize our company or sell or lease our business, the new entity, owner or operator will assume any rights we have in respect of our information about you. We assure you that we will obtain reasonable assurances that your privacy will continue to be respected;
c. If we have to help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person or organization or property or asset or rights of the website from unauthorized use or misuse of the website, violations of our terms and conditions or to defend against legal claims/proceedings;
d. Upon occurrence of special circumstances detailed hereunder –
i. to respond to summons, court orders, judicial proceedings, or other legal processes;
ii. to cooperate and assist authorized agencies for interception or monitoring or decryptions;
iii. to assist and cooperate with the authorized agencies for the monitoring and collection of traffic data or information generated, transmitted, received or stored.
5. Transfer of personal data
6. Storage period for personal data
Yamaha stores and uses personal data obtained from customers only for the period necessary to perform the purposes of use.
7. Processing of children’s personal data
With respect to a child’s personal data, Yamaha obtains consent from statutory agents, such as a person with parental authority over that child, and takes other necessary steps in accordance with the applicable laws, ordinances, and the like.
Yamaha may generate cookies and use other similar technologies on Yamaha’s websites. These enable Yamaha to provide each customer with more customized services and advertisements. For more details, please refer to the policy regarding cookies, etc.
9. Customer rights regarding personal data
9.1 In furtherance of the confidentiality with which we treat your personal data, we assure you that to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we will always employ reasonable security practices and procedures and current internet security methods and technologies in compliance with the global privacy laws wherein Yamaha has business operations.
9.2 Moreover, we restrict access of personal data to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
9.3 However, as per the prevailing laws in the event of unauthorized disclosure of the personal data by any third parties, the customer is entitled to approach the grievance officer appointed who is entrusted to redress any grievance within one month from receiving notice of such grievance;
10. Compliance with laws and ordinances
Yamaha complies with the applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and guidelines regarding the collection, receipt, possession, use, storage, dealing in and handling of sensitivepersonal data and performs its social responsibilities as a company.
11. Continuous improvement
Yamaha continually reviews and improves its compliance program (its program for complying with laws, ordinances, and the like) in order to ensure reliable performance of personal data protection.
11.1 In this connection, Yamaha shall ensure at all times, that all legal practices are adopted from time to time as per the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Information Technology ( Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 and other applicable laws.
12. Contact information
Yamaha Music India Pvt. Ltd.
P-401, JMD Megapolis, Sector – 48,
Sohna Road, Gurugram - 122 018, Haryana, India
Ph: +91- 124 - 485 3300
About linked websites
Yamaha’s websites contain several links to outside websites, but these links are not provided for the purpose of sharing personal data. Our company does not take any responsibilities for the collection of personal data at the linked websites, so please ensure you check details regarding the processing of personal data explained on the linked websites.
Dissemination of information by customers
Yamaha’s services may include chat functions (for conversation), forums (conference rooms), online message boards, response to inquiries via email, and the like. Yamaha does not take any responsibility for personal data transmitted by customers through these services.
When you use these services, please transmit information at your responsibility and discretion.
Matters related to children
Yamaha does not deliberately request or collect personal data from children on our websites.
Any person considered a minor under local laws or any other person under a certain age who attempts to access Yamaha’s websites may use our websites only if he or she has consent from a statutory agent, such as a person with parental authority.