- Name, age, date of birth, email address and physical address, phone number, sex, occupation, place of work or study, information regarding social media, user ID and account, membership number, information regarding visits to stores, products purchased
- Information provided via questionnaires or campaigns
- Information necessary for product or service transactions or support (serial number, purchasing history, credit card information, bank account numbers, and the like)
- Information generated from use of products and services (methods of use for products, frequency of use, settings information in devices used, and the like)
- Information generated from inquiries to Yamaha (your phone number and voice recordings obtained upon inquiries, history of requests for repairs and the like, information regarding product or service difficulties, and the like)
- Information generated from transactions with Yamaha (history of participation in concerts, events, auditions, and contests held or co-sponsored by Yamaha (including voice recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances), history of participation in music school classes, courses, and the like operated by Yamaha (including voice recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances), purchasing or use history for products and services handled by Yamaha, history of licenses, use, and the like for artworks (including musical pieces) in which Yamaha owns rights
- Downloading and status of use of software, etc.
- Information generated from the use of software or the internet (information obtained from cookies, etc., information regarding browsers and operating systems of devices you use, location information, service use information, webpages you browse, links you click, emails from Yamaha you open, IP addresses, and the like)
- Types of devices, their O.S. versions, countries of access, number of users, access dates and times
- Information provided by questionnaires or campaigns conducted by outside services with your prior consent, information disclosed by customers
- Information provided by business operators who perform services using information that can distinguish between, but not identify, individual persons (advertising identifiers, etc.)
- Information on social media services affiliated with Yamaha websites, etc. (with your consent)
- Provision, maintenance, protection, and improvement of Yamaha’s products and services, development of new products and services, provision of information on campaigns, new products, and the like, implementation of questionnaires, after-sales service for products, and protection of customers
- Provision of information and content that suit each customer’s preferences
- Contact regarding transactions, etc.
- Provision of products and services handled by Yamaha
- Performance of agreements executed with Yamaha (payment processing, etc.)
- Management of copyrights and neighboring rights for sound sources
- Implementation of service activities and handling of repairs during the warranty period and after-sales care after such implementation of service activities and handling of repairs
- Provision of notices regarding products and services handled by Yamaha and announcements regarding events, etc.
- Provision of announcements regarding products, services, events, and the like of other companies or groups, such as companies affiliated with Yamaha
- Ascertainment of your preferences and wishes in order to provide appropriate information and to develop appropriate products and services
- Provision of information that suits your preferences by integrating information possessed by Yamaha with information obtained from other companies
- Responses to inquiries, requests for brochures, or other requests, etc.
- Exercise of rights or performance of obligations under agreements, laws, and the like
- Screening conducted when applications are submitted for rental instruments, etc.
- Other purposes based on your prior consent
Japan: https://www.yamaha.com/en/about/locations/group_companies_japan/ and Yamaha Music Foundation
Yamaha may otherwise share personal data with a third party if permitted by applicable laws and ordinances.
4.1 “third parties” shall mean and include accountants, business partners, affiliates, contractor, group companies, service providers.
4.2 In addition to the above, it is important to highlight that your personal data may be shared with third parties in the following circumstances:
a. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we provide to you and therefore we may provide some of your personal data directly to these internal service providers. These internal service providers are subject to confidentiality obligations with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced website related operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
b. If we reorganize our company or sell or lease our business, the new entity, owner or operator will assume any rights we have in respect of our information about you. We assure you that we will obtain reasonable assurances that your privacy will continue to be respected;
c. If we have to help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person or organization or property or asset or rights of the website from unauthorized use or misuse of the website, violations of our terms and conditions or to defend against legal claims/proceedings;
d. Upon occurrence of special circumstances detailed hereunder –
i. to respond to summons, court orders, judicial proceedings, or other legal processes;
ii. to cooperate and assist authorized agencies for interception or monitoring or decryptions;
iii. to assist and cooperate with the authorized agencies for the monitoring and collection of traffic data or information generated, transmitted, received or stored.
Yamaha may generate cookies and use other similar technologies on Yamaha’s websites. These enable Yamaha to provide each customer with more customized services and advertisements. For more details, please refer to the policy regarding cookies, etc.