Learning keyboards is fun
Trinity is an internationally recognized certification that focuses on acquiring musical knowledge and performance abilities on a wide range of musical instruments such as percussion, vocals, and electronic keyboards. Trinity is so highly regarded in music education that it is being added as a criterion for review on entrance exams in India, and is widely regarded as being advantageous for musicians who are building their career.
Yamaha Music India respects and acknowledges Trinity College London's dedication towards music education in India and around the world. The Yamaha PSR series supports the use of Trinity keyboard exam registration data, making them ideal keyboards for beginners and all music enthusiasts in the pursuit of attaining their ideal performance level.
Comments from Sachin Das, General Manager, Indian Subcontinent, Trinity College London:
“Yamaha Music India has been an excellent partner in our mission for enhancing the music education landscape in India, and their commitment to the cause of enhancing the skills of the teaching fraternity is commendable. Our academic teams get a lot of support in terms of product availability for our workshops, and their engagement with the market to develop products which support music education has always been of great help to the students and teachers. I hope we can continue to benefit from Yamaha Music India’s engagement in our charitable objective to foster the growth of the music teacher fraternity in India and the sub-continent.”
1. Yamaha keyboards are the standard for music classrooms
Yamaha keyboards are standard equipment for use in music classrooms. Students who also have a Yamaha keyboard at home will have no trouble practicing ahead of time and reviewing what they learned.
Having Yamaha keyboards in both places eliminates the time required to learn how to use a new instrument interface as a result of using different keyboards in the classroom and at home.
2. Yamaha keyboards offer the high quality required to participate in Trinity lessons
Yamaha keyboards pass the standards of functional quality required when taking Trinity lessons, such as the need for a touch-responsive keyboard that expresses the varying dynamics of your playing. The beautiful sounds and rugged design meet the high standard of quality Yamaha has maintained throughout our extensive instrument lineups.
3. Registration memories can be obtained to match all grades
There’s no need to make complicated settings—with Yamaha keyboards, registration memories (sounds, styles and tempo settings) are available and optimized for use in the Trinity exams.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the keyboard to format it (see “Formatting a USB Flash Drive” in the PSR-I500 Owner's Manual, p. 73). This will create a folder called “USER FILES” on the USB flash drive.
*Formatting a USB flash drive will delete all data that has been saved to it.
- You can download registration files here.
- Decompress the file to the folder of your choice after downloading.
- Open the folder with the name of the song you want to practice and copy the file saved in the folder with the .USR extension to the “USER FILES” folder on the USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your keyboard to load the user data into the instrument (see “Loading User Data from a USB Flash Drive” in the PSR-I500 Owner's Manual, page 75).
- This will recall the panel settings that were saved. (See “Recalling Panel Settings from the Registration Memory” in the PSR-I500 Owner’s Manual, page 43.)
- Now you’re ready to play!