Wine, Wireless and Song: Eleven Yamaha Digital Mixing Systems Ensure ‘Once A Generation’ Swiss Spectacular Enjoys A Vintage Year
2019 Fête des Vignerons: Selected production statistics
- Five stages in a 20,000 seat, 4,000 m2, 30m high temporary arena made from 700 tons of steel.
- 11 months to construct and another three months to remove.
- Six Yamaha RIVAGE PM7, three RIVAGE PM10 and two Nuage digital mixing systems.
- 10 Yamaha R-series I/O units.
- 324 channels of wireless microphones.
- Eight main PA towers, each with between 48 and 54 line array loudspeakers.
- 204 additional loudspeakers for sub-bass, surround, fills and monitoring.
- 2,000 lighting fixtures.
- 870 m2 LED floor and four 50 m2 LED screens.
- 35 kilometres of fibre optic for audio networking.
- Cast of 5,500 actors.
- Over 1,200 musicians and singers, plus the pre-recorded Gstaad Festival Orchestra.
- Production crew of 170 plus 150 volunteers.
Please also refer to our video on Fête des Vignerons 2019
The RIVAGE PM10 is a new generation of Yamaha PM digital mixing system. In terms of sound quality, operation, functionality, reliability, expandability, and more, the RIVAGE PM10 is a thoroughly refined flagship that defines the direction for future generations.
The RIVAGE PM7 is a digital mixing system consisting of the CSD-R7 Digital Mixing Console, one or more I/O racks for input and output, and dedicated interface cards for network connectivity. The CSD-R7 is the same size as the our flagship RIVAGE PM10 system CS-R10 Control Surface and has the same control layout. With built-in DSP it offers similarly high standards of operation and workflow efficiency in a relatively compact, portable system.
Nuage Integrated Audio Production System brings it all together in a collaboration that defines new standards of quality and workflow efficiency for virtually every aspect of the production process. Yamaha control and interface hardware seamlessly integrates with Steinberg Nuendo DAW software in a purpose-built system that offers unprecedented productivity and flexibility as well as premium audio quality.